Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lessons

Well I'm off to a fabulous start with blogging more this year... not.

Mollie says I suck.  Mollie is right.

But I'm here and riding a lot, and actually have rides to write about!  The most notable thing that's happened for Mollie and I lately is the reintroduction of regular lessons.  It's been years since I've had any sort of regular instruction aside from the random clinic here or there.  This was primarily because of money issues, but also because I just wasn't riding that often.  Our rides became more maintenance based than focused on making any sorts of progress.  Now that I'm riding a minimum of 3x a week Mollie is getting fitter, I'm getting better, and can justify spending the money on lessons again.

I contacted someone I took lessons with years ago, H, and she very happily came out in the beginning of December for a lesson.  I had two lessons in that month, and another lesson this past weekend, and hope to keep them on a once a month minimum schedule.  Perhaps the greatest thing to come of this, is after our second lesson H emailed me about riding Mollie herself.  H hasn't had a horse of her own in years, but has always had a project of some sorts.  Right now she's project-less, and since I only ride about 3-4 times a week anyways she asked if I'd be willing to share Mollie with her once or twice a week.  Umm, free training rides on my horse so you have something to ride??  Absolutely!!

H hopped on Mollie this past weekend at the beginning of my lesson and I'm just going to go ahead and say... my horse looked phenomenal :)  It feels great to be taking regular lessons again, and I do have lots of video, it just needs to be edited.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a perfect situation with the free training rides!! glad Mollie is doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete