Monday, September 8, 2014

"Back to School"

So I don't know if I touched upon this at the end of last year or not, but at the end of the last school year, my position at work was eliminated.  I've spent the summer applying for jobs and going on interviews but as of right now I am substitute teaching, and am kind of ok with it.

The main reason?

When I don't get called to work I get to ride my horse in the morning.  It's glorious.  Even on days like today when she's a total punk but then makes up for it by being a good girl on the trails.  The fact that she was chaperoning her boyfriend may have had something to do with it...

A few different bloggers have talked about trail riding recently, and for me it has always been a stress reliever.  Mollie tends to be "on alert" when in the woods, but not naughty.  She stops and gawks at things that could potentially attack her "herd", but is quiet and walks on the buckle in between those moments.  She definitely prefers trails to ring work, and I've gotten to see many different places between her two spotted ears.

Riding up the driveway at our current barn.

Exploring at Goddard Park

Looking over the fields at Heritage

More Goddard explorations

One of my favorite Mollie memories :)

7 comments:

  1. I love riding in the mornings. Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are definitely days I wish I could ride I the AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I would love to ride in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Are you guys going to the RISPCA ride on Sunday the 14th? If so we'll see you there!! I think I saw you at Woodstock btw. :) I was dealing with trying to hide me and B from a loose horse at the time so I didn't get a chance to say hey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to but I don't have a ride :( And that's possible, I was there for a bit!!

      Delete
  5. Oh- to be able to ride on the beach! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete