Sunday, November 30, 2014

Werk

In the last week I think I rode my horse more than I did the entire month of October.  While things aren't perfect at the new barn (more on that later... princess Molls is NOT adjusting to the new feeding schedule) I have absolutely loved having her so close to home.  Another nice perk is that I can frequently drag my sister to the barn with me, and then force her into taking videos :)  While I can't promise the next 6 minutes of watching my horse trot around on the flat will be the most riveting part of your day, they'll probably be more interesting than whatever work you're supposed to be doing!

I have to say, I'm really pleased with where Mollie is right now.  I didn't ride much all of October, and rides the month prior were pretty hit or miss.  Since being at the new barn I've been riding her in the snaffle, just because I really didn't think she was fit enough to go in her double, but she's definitely ready to go back.  While warm up still is, and probably always will be a little slow, she's been getting really nice by the end of our ride.  If you skip to minute 5 of the video you can see what I mean.  She was so incredibly soft in my hand, and when I remembered to stretch UP (why is that so hard?!) she did the same.  She was actually picking her legs up instead of dragging them along, and the little bit of "hop" in her stride you see on the last long side is what I strive for.  This little horse isn't built for this work at all, but it's so good for her and she tries her heart out for me.  Can't ask for any more than that.


Enjoy some random commentary from my 14 year old sister, or turn down your volume.  Either way :)

2 comments:

  1. You guys look great! It must be nice have your own videographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're able to get so much more saddle time at the new place! hope everything else is ironed out soon :)

    ReplyDelete