A little late for this blog hop but I really love this topic and just had some bloggy catching up to do before I got around to actually writing the post. There are so many things that I love about my silly red mare and unfortunately I don't think I talk about them enough.
1. She's super brave. Whether it's out on the trails, cross country course, or just trailering her off property, Molls is pretty brave and sensible in new situations. She's definitely "on alert" at times but I credit that more to lead mare mentality than anything else. She genuinely wants to protect the herd (me) at all times.
|Molls says oceans are no big deal.|
2. She very rarely refuses a fence of any kind. If she does it's typically because I literally stopped riding and she said ummmm no.
3. She's really ridiculously good looking.
|I mean, can anyone else rock a pink fly sheet like her?|
4. She trailers like an absolute champion. Loads herself, unloads quietly, will pony other horses on, and will hang out either on or tied to a trailer all day.
5. She's super smart. For example, there was a time when Mollie had to wear a grazing muzzle when she went out on grass because she was straight up obese. Mollie spent her mornings in a sand paddock without the muzzle on because all she had to eat was hay. When the afternoon came along the muzzle was put on, and she was brought out to her field. Well it didn't take long before Mollie started refusing to walk from her sand to her field. She would just stand there, plant her feet, and no amount of coaxing or encouraging would get her to move. The little punk realized that she'd rather eat unlimited amounts of hay than have to graze through a muzzle.
6. She tolerates almost everything. Even a bunch of camp kids who begin labeling her body parts and then just start "tattoo-ing" her.
7. She makes me work. This horse has never given anything to me easily, which makes success all the better.
Oh, did I mention she's adorable?