Saturday, February 15, 2014

Rockstar

Disclaimer: This post should probably be rated PG-13.  Maybe even R.  For expletive language of course.

That said, I fricken rocked at riding today.  Don't get me wrong, I am not the best rider in the world.  Not even close.  All it takes is reading a few of my other blog posts to realize I have my fair share of shortcomings.  But today?  Today I was a freaking rockstar.  I seriously don't know where it came from but I just really, really, had my shit together today and it was awesome.  Molls didn't even know what to do with herself.

I got on and granted, I have not ridden my horse with a saddle on for like.... two weeks.  Obviously, she was pissed.  Whatever.  We walked for a while and when I asked her to trot the conversation went a little like this:

Molls: I'm gonna stick my nose out.
Me: Well here's my leg.
Molls: Ok I'll pull hunter pony BS and tuck my head between my knees.  Oh, and my shoulders will now drop a full 6 inches.
Me: Oh helllllllll no.

Molls was promptly halted on her ass.

The ride went on, and on, and on, and Molls seriously had her resisting-pants on.  Too bad, so sad sassy pants.  No matter what she did, what gait we were going, or what direction we were traveling in I refused to touch her face.  Some days I'm ok at this, other days I like to pull even though I know it's the worst idea in the whole entire world.  But today? My arms were like buttah.  The rest of the rides conversation sounded like this:

Me: Please lift your shoulders.
Molls: Pull on my face.  Go ahead, I dare ya.
Me: Nah I'm good, move your shoulders over.
Molls: PLEAAAAASE! Pull on it, just a little tug.
Me: Nah, here are my hands, see, all yours.
Molls: OMG PUH-LEASE PULL ON MY FACE RIGHT NAO!!
Me: Not gonna happen, lets half pass instead.

This continued for some time and wouldn't you know as soon as my horse stopped begging me to pull on her she got SO freaking soft!! She was so bouncy in her front end it made the nonsense worth it.  Our canters kinda sucked and I'm in serious need of some video to see what's happening when I turn her down the centerline to half pass (I'm losing something, just not sure what) but all in all I was really happy with the ride.

Usually I'd be all excited to ride tomorrow because I have no lessons but the sky is doing this again:

From my ride home from the barn.

Snow out the window.  yes I was too lazy to get off the couch and take a better one.

I don't even hate winter, I just don't like when it interferes with riding.  Luckily I'm on February vacation (hallelujah!!) so I should be able to ride all week.  

Don't forget to enter my contest!! Thanks for everyone who has and has blogged about it :)

1 comment: