Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 7: Your favorite ribbon won at a show, and why

May 2010

Once upon a time I boarded Mollie at this facility pretty well known in the northern part of the state.  It's definitely a "backyard barn" but they have a huge lesson program and their own series of schooling shows over the spring/summer/fall.  Periodically we would show there to put experience on the green beans, or to take little kids who hadn't shown much before.  The shows were always very well run despite the very backyard facility.  Because the shows were so laid back the ribbons were not always from the same event, were reused, etc.  Therefore I could not have been prouder than I was in this photo when I won a reserve champion ribbon with "California Saddlehorse Breeders Association" printed right on it.  I mean, it's too good not to laugh and treasure forever.

Some other photos from that day:

Suck-tastic equitation, but she was cute.

I swear I was intentionally off center to this... had a sharp right
turn to make when I landed.

Molls can rock a HUS class like no other ;)



1 comment: